How to recover your forgotten or lost password on Twitter
Twitter is most widely used and world’s famous social media network which is used by several numbers of celebrities and also the normal people. Similar to some other social media platforms, twitter also requires you to give a valid email id and password in order to open an account. Sometimes, a few people forget or lost their saved password and unable to open their account. At this situation, this Twitter account recovery guide will be greatly helpful at all. At some situation, they forget the email id which was used to open the twitter account. For both these problems, these account recovery steps will be very helpful at all.
Recovering Twitter account
An up to date and accurate email id or/and telephone number is the best step which you can make use for ensuring you never lose the access to your Twitter account. Everyone with this problem should need to take a moment and make sure the phone number or/and email address you have connected with your twitter account is up to date.
- From your logged in Twitter account, you have to click on the profile icon and select Settings and Privacy.
- Click on the password tab.
- Enter your current/old password.
- Now, you have to enter the new password.
- Save your changes by clicking on the Save changes button.
Recovering Twitter account when you forgot password
- Whether you are using a computer or mobile device such as Android or iOS platforms, click on forgot password?
- Now, you have to enter the valid phone number, email id or the username of your twitter account. When you have multiple twitter accounts with the same phone number, you can’t use it during this recovery step.
- Now, you have to select the email address where you wish to get the password reset email.
- In this step, check your email inbox to know whether you receive the immediate message from the twitter to your email account.
- Click on the given password/email address reset link.
- Now, you can choose a new password.
It is important to remember that the password reset link sent through the email message is highly time sensitive. If you are not clicking the given link within a particular time limit, it doesn’t work and you can try requesting a new one and use that link for your password recovery.